Monday, March 07, 2005

the runner

oh man...wat a way to start off the week...i had grandiose plans on reading my lecture notes, having a jog around my neighbourhood, having a haircut, giving tuition at the end of the day and a nice hug from my dear at the end of it all. but no.my farking nose decided to act up again resulting in a severely clogged left nose with sinus dripping down into my throat, causing an irritaing sore throat.

alright, a recap on the events leading to this sinus overflowing event. Friday morning. went to play soccer with the guys and boo. i think we were all freaking unfit. no strength to run ard and chase balls. end up some pple just take the ball and run all the way la, anyhow pass la, dun want to defend la...sibeh sian. but hey! at least i ran ard..hahah...the blissfulness of being a dork. runing ard in a soccer game feels like i've completed a marathon. mind you, it's monday today, and my legs still feel farking suan. like i just played a champions league final yesterday.

but i admit. much of the pain is my fault. in the enthusiasm of finally kicking a ball, i forgot all about warmups. and stretching. now i know why my bball coaches always focuses on warmups. when we were younger, we could run marathons every alternate day. now, i think every alternate month. i can also feel for those premier league soccer guys. playing so many competitive matches in a space of a few days. respect.

anyway, after the game, went for lunch with boo. and headed back home for a rest of 20 mins. man, i so felt like sleeping but i have a site visit at ang mo kio later..and i dun have petrol liao. so lan lan, went to second link for top up and headed down to AMK. at this point in time, i would like to up my gross factor up a bit. at the end of the game, realised have two 20 cents sized blisters on both my legs. at the balls of the feet there....i never seen such bloatedness before man...there must be a lot of liquid swirling in there, cushioning my feet from the relentless impact.

at AMK, greeted by this really friendly uncle who is supposed to be a vice president for project management in the newly privatised HDB corp. he was the one guiding us thru our project and helping us a hell lot. really appreciated. i think my friend's mum, who is a colleague of his, helped somewhat. ahh...how diplomatic. then went ard for a walk. the safety officer and me got along really well. i think im more of a site person than an office one. talking cock to hands-on person beats talking about development problems in upgrading projects, aint it?

night came, and the kruzer soft launch is about to start. must thank frerin for paying my parking fine for me in that tight period of time. was looking for AXS and SAM machines to pay off my fine. but when i tried to pay, the farking machine cant read my card. so thanks man...otherwise,i might kena more summon...hahah.

soft launch was fine, the return of my dear from jakarta was better. she joined me straight from the airport..den we went for a ride...to the end of the day.. oh ya..i think xj saw christopher lee and fann wong along upper thomson road..and so did some of the guys...shit man..i concentrated on the road so much that i missed it..

sat and sun flew past...had a little lover's tiff, catched howl's moving castle (pretty romantic movie) and here i am...stuffy nose and all...my legs still feel freaking tired and painful..but i have the satisfaction of knowing that, at least, i ran.

No comments: