Thursday, August 04, 2005

Cousins

time flies.... age really catches up..
Just came across my cousin's blog and boy, what a wonderful surprise i had....

before my very eyes, my "baby" cousins whom i have always considered to be little babies
(in my eyes at least) needing the continuous attention and care of the adults have blossomed into full blown young adults poring over problems and relationships and all the great stuff u can only experience in schools ...

to be honest, i never had any serious communication with my cousins because of my perceived gap in age...the thought of my baby cousins growing up just never occured to me until recently. so, i really felt gay (happy, for those arses perverted in mind) that they are developing meaningful lifes of their own.

'baby' sarah was only 11 when i was about to enter university but seeing her describe about her life in school and the deepening relationship with her brother resonates my own experiences in school and my brother..damn...for the first time in my life, i wished i was younger...

being the eldest grandchild in my mum's family, i had always felt a responsibility of trying to know all my cousins well and keeping them together...so even when our parents dun meet, at least there is support within the family. but the young me always felt it wasn't the time simply because of the age differences...

teaching a sec 2 kid really reminds me that being 14 and 25 is not really very different..perhaps i have procrastinated for too long in waiting for the 'babies' to grow up...

i must apologize to my cousins, especially if they view me as aloof and uncaring...i guess it must be the 'superority complex' of elders that makes it hard for the older generation, ie me, to connect to the younger set...as the cliche goes, you are the future and im here to mould you....

fark, i sound like the PAP....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanging out with cousins would be fun!!...esp younger ones...makes u feel younger isnt it?!!Although i would prefer an older cousin hanging out with me instead!!haha...:P

`rah said...

Hey Kenny! you're not aloof and uncaring definitely. My impression of you and your brother has always been perfect. Keep in touch =)