Monday, September 12, 2005

cameras and monday blues

yeah man...yesterday i finally got something i really wanted for a pretty long time. a heavy and macho looking digital camera which passes off as an SLR. hahaha...in fact, the bigger and more macho looking it is, i more desirable it became. but really, i was looking for the konica minolta z5 or z6.

alan photo was a shop recommended by 3 separate pple on different occasions. the name just pops out like it's THE place for digital imagery products. and boy, i dun think u can get any better than the talk i had with the saleman over the cameras. haggling with bike mechanics and dealings with the sales pple in the past gets me sick and tired of them. some farkers just give u the middle finger look on their farking face and pisses me off while those uncles with the classic "can i help phew?" phrase are just plain lazy and cant be bothered selling u anything.
i just need someone to help me do comparisons and give valid suggestions and alternatives. for one, my suspicions will surely be aroused in me when you promote a product as though it is flawless. cynical me would think that that camera prob sucks and is prob more expensive than the better ones. (which is usually true)

so it was a welcome surprise to get a comparison straightaway without me asking them. and showed me in which areas were which cameras better and a live demonstration of the comparisons done in front of me. in the end, a cheaper but definitely more powerful alternative was put across to me. really impressive if u ask me...but mabbe im just used to poor service. wat else do u expect in singapore?

anyways, the camera spent much of the time in my room snapping away at my spawn collection and other figureines. and i really put it to good use for the dinner ride today to kong kong. abt 150km travelled in the trunks i reckon, but the company was really quite good. as u would suspect, many were my subjects for the photos as was dear's casio exilim.

the pics and trip report would probably be up by the end of the week...as soon as i get some shut eye...damn, another week of shit especially when the farking architects cannot make up their fickle minds.......at least there's the next weekend to look forward to...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.